Sunday, September 23, 2007

Late Fall, 1990

This picture is really cool for me. It was taken in October or November of 1990, during a stockcar show at the old Salisbury Mall. I have been searching high and low for photos all over Delaware and Maryland, and on on Labor Day, I found a box under my bed in my father's home and oddly enough I found this photo. Clearly, the quality isn't that great, but you can see the floor and the showcases that were to the left of the East Mall's center court, facing the entrance. I have this distinct memory of the floors and how clean and shiny they seemed for a mall that still had a pretty high amount of foot traffic. In emails with some people regarding memories from the mall, I often cite an evening there soon after the murder of the SSU student. I am almost positive that this is from that evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home